3rd Grade Gate
|Here are some resources for Parents related to the Literacy Based Promotion Act (also referred to as “3rd Grade Gate”). The LBPA was developed to help ensure that students are reading on grade level by the end of 3rd Grade. We have posted some resources from the district and MDE to help explain what this act means for parents and students.
- 2018_2019 MDE Parents as Partners
- 3rd Grade Reading Assessment Key Information and Dates (2019)
- Frequently Asked Questions for K-3 Parents v2
- 3rd Grade Reading Standards for Parents and Teachers
- Literacy_Based Promotion Process Chart Revised 7.10.18
- Mississippi Literacy-Based Promotion Act Key Messages