Hattiesburg High School (S. H. Blair Center: 9-12th grades), Built in 1959. The original building was named in honor of Stephen Henry Blair, Sr. long-time teacher, coach, principal, and superintendent in Hattiesburg Public Schools. He started in Hattiesburg in 1923 and retired in 1966. (Blair’s name was added to the high school campus on Hutchinson Avenue at the end of 1968. When all tenth graders attended Rowan and eleventh and twelfth grades were held at Hutchinson Avenue, the campuses were referred to as the Blair Campus of Hattiesburg High and the Rowan Campus of Hattiesburg High. In 2003, the Freshman Academy was added to the High School campus. Today Hattiesburg High School has grades nine through twelve.